La La's Reviews > The Medium

The Medium by M.R. Graham

Jan 20, 2014

bookshelves: on-my-bookshelf, blog-highlights, adult-fic

Drum roll please...

One of my rare five star ratings!!!!

This book was exquisite, and I will be back after I have had a chance to let all of its deliciousness sink in. Brava, M.R. Graham for penning a vampire book to rival all vampire books! I received this book from Goodreads First Reads in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Medium.

January 20, 2014 – Shelved
3.63% "Interesting."
February 20, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
February 20, 2014 –
page 39
10.1% "I have only attemted one other vampire book since my beloved Anne Rice stories. That was Twilight, and I struggled to make it through my three chapter rule. However, The Medium has renewed my faith that great vampire novels are still being written!!!! I have been reading YA as a staple for so long it is sometimes difficult for me to get my head into an adult book for a few chapters; this one grabbed me right away!!"
February 20, 2014 –
page 39
10.1% "I have only attempted one other vampire book since my beloved Anne Rice stories. That was Twilight, and I struggled to make it through my three chapter rule. However, The Medium has renewed my faith that great vampire novels are still being written!!!! I have been reading YA as a staple for so long it is sometimes difficult for me to get my head into an adult book for a few chapters; this one grabbed me right away!!"
February 23, 2014 –
page 56
14.51% "I have only attempted one other vampire book since my beloved Anne Rice stories. That was Twilight, and I struggled to make it through my three chapter rule. However, The Medium has renewed my faith that great vampire novels are still being written!!!! I have been reading YA as a staple for so long it is sometimes difficult for me to get my head into an adult book for a few chapters; this one grabbed me right away!!"
February 27, 2014 –
page 77
19.95% "I have only attempted one other vampire book since my beloved Anne Rice stories. That was Twilight, and I struggled to make it through my three chapter rule. However, The Medium has renewed my faith that great vampire novels are still being written!!!! I have been reading YA as a staple for so long it is sometimes difficult for me to get my head into an adult book for a few chapters; this one grabbed me right away!!"
February 27, 2014 –
page 106
27.46% "I have only attempted one other vampire book since my beloved Anne Rice stories. That was Twilight, and I struggled to make it through my three chapter rule. However, The Medium has renewed my faith that great vampire novels are still being written!!!! I have been reading YA as a staple for so long it is sometimes difficult for me to get my head into an adult book for a few chapters; this one grabbed me right away!!"
February 28, 2014 –
page 121
31.35% "I have only attempted one other vampire book since my beloved Anne Rice stories. That was Twilight, and I struggled to make it through my three chapter rule. However, The Medium has renewed my faith that great vampire novels are still being written!!!! I have been reading YA as a staple for so long it is sometimes difficult for me to get my head into an adult book for a few chapters; this one grabbed me right away!!"
March 3, 2014 –
page 159
March 5, 2014 –
page 172
page 207
page 247
page 270
69.95% "It is a good thing I am finished with my work for his week because I can't put this book down."
March 8, 2014 –
page 289
74.87% "It is a good thing I am finished with my work for his week because I can't put this book down."
March 8, 2014 –
page 289
74.87% "I will be finishing this brilliant book today."
March 9, 2014 –
page 310
80.31% "I will be finishing this brilliant book today."
March 11, 2014 –
page 354
91.71% "I will be finishing this brilliant book today."
March 15, 2014 – Finished Reading
March 18, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
March 18, 2014 – Shelved as: blog-highlights
March 9, 2017 – Shelved as: adult-fic

La La A very different and intriguing twist on the vampire myth.

La La I love the name she gives non-paranormal folk. :)

La La The psychological content is intense. I am still loving this story.

La La This story is incredible!!

message 5: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth How scary is this? It sounds interesting but...I scare REALLY easily. I'm actually a little surprised I read one of Clive Barker's Galilee and was ok haha

La La It is more of a psychological thriller. Nailbiting more than hiding under the covers scary. :)