Dustin's Reviews > Red Moon

Red Moon by Benjamin Percy

bookshelves: dystopian, historical-fiction, science-fiction, favorites
Recommended to Dustin by: Stepheny
Recommended for: my book-sister (you know who you are!!)

Overall, I really enjoyed it a lot, as my 4 stars indicates. What an awesome, wild ride this was.:) I wanted to give it 5, and after the monumental 1st Part, I couldn't see it going downhill, but I don't know, it seemed to lose some of said momentum, sadly.. Also, some of the characters could have been further developed and I found the resolution somewhat lacking.

Benjamin Percy's exquisite writing, however, is often poetic and constantly awe inspiring. From start to finish, I couldn't get over his wholly impressive talent. That reason alone kept me reading! I look forward to read his debut novel, The Wilding, along with his two short story collections, and whatever future project(s) he's compelled to pursue.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Moon.

Quotes Dustin Liked

Benjamin Percy
“Plagues don't just kill people—and that's what lobos is, a plague—they kill humanity.”
Benjamin Percy, Red Moon

January 20, 2014 – Shelved
January 20, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
May 20, 2014 – Started Reading
May 20, 2014 –
0.0% "I won't be starting until tomorrow as a buddy read with my pal, Kat Stark, but just couldn't wait to mark as "reading." \n \n Enjoy!"
May 25, 2014 –
page 171
31.43% "OMG, I truly cannot say enough about Benjamin Percy, and what he's done so far!! It feels like I'm fully immersed in the middle-end of a high-octane horror thriller, but I haven't even finished Part I yet!! \n \n I am sooo in awe of Percy's writing right now...:)"
May 28, 2014 –
page 252
46.32% "Part II\n \n Admittedly, the 2nd section isn't nearly as intense and action-packed as the 1st (in all fairness, I think it would be very difficult to maintain that momentum throughout,) but there's already been one WTFrick moment, and the fear of the unknown-- as the world goes feral-- is ALMOST on equal playing ground. I'm still loving this one!!!"
June 6, 2014 –
page 312
57.35% "Things have been somewhat slow in the 2nd Part but I things are gradually heating up, I can feel it!!"
June 6, 2014 –
page 312
June 11, 2014 –
page 405
74.45% "Oh my gosh, I cannot believe what just went down!! This book is incredible! I can't wait to see how this one ends!!"
June 12, 2014 –
page 405
74.45% "Part III"
June 16, 2014 – Finished Reading
June 17, 2014 – Shelved as: dystopian
June 17, 2014 – Shelved as: historical-fiction
June 17, 2014 – Shelved as: science-fiction
June 17, 2014 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Greg (new) - added it

Greg Looks like a good read, despite your comments about things slowing down in Part II, some characters being under-developed and the resolution lacking, especially when you give it four out of five stars all the same! Adding it to my TBR list. :)

Dustin Thank you for reading my review, Greg. I hope you enjoy it. And like you said, if it hadn't been for those few criticisms, this definitely would have been 5 stars for me.

Dustin Thank you for reading my review, Alissa! What are your thoughts on it?

message 4: by Alissa (new) - added it

Alissa You're welcome, Dustin. I found it to the point, quite helpful and now I would at least be informed of where the novel itself went a little south and its strong points too. Nice review and in my opinion, you should write more. Its always nice to hear your thoughts on something.

Dustin Ahhh, you're so sweet! Thank you very much for the encouragement and love! And who knows, maybe you'll find it strong where others have found it somewhat lacking.:)

message 6: by Alissa (new) - added it

Alissa You're more than welcome, that's what friends are for. Maybe and that sure wouldn't be a bad thing by no means, faults are only what you consider them and their definitions vary.

Dustin That's for sure! I always try to be the best friend I can to everyone. Exactly! Everything's relative.

message 8: by Alissa (new) - added it

Alissa If you don't mind me saying, you've done a damn good job with that. And I'm sure you other GR friends would say the same :)

Dustin Oh course I don't mind. Thank you!