Gail's Reviews > Doubleblind

Jan 02, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: e-book, science-fiction, romance
Read from March 25 to 31, 2010

It took me a while to finish this one, and I still have to convince myself I actually did finish it by reminding myself I read the "sneak peek" to another book in the back.

I enjoyed reading this book. I have it tagged as a romance, and it does have romance in it, but I'm not sure that's what it mostly is. Aguirre writes adventure. At least this time, she left her hero and heroine whole, together, and in a better place than where they started. She doesn't always.

In this book, retired navigator Sirantha Jax is sent to the planet of a xenophobic insect-like species--the planet her best friend Vel comes from. Yes, her best friend is a Bug. Anyway, she's trying to negotiate an alliance between the human government and the Bug government against these nasty aliens who like to eat humans for supper. And lunch and breakfast. There are political complications. And Jax also has personal issues. Her lover March has closed off all his emotions and she can't get through to him. He's behaving like your basic PTSD victim. Jax has matured since earlier books, sticking with the plan instead of skipping town. Things are still pretty dire at the end of the book, but there is at least hope.

It was a good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doubleblind.