Jen's Reviews > Unrequited

Unrequited by Truth Devour

did not like it
bookshelves: giveaways

I received this book from the Goodreads Giveaways.

I did not care for this book. I entered the giveaway not knowing it was a sequel, but I read it anyway. The tone of the narrator is dull and she seems to know everything. She feels sad, but knows not to cry. She feels rage, but knows not to show it. I'm assuming there's a psychic connection of some kind, but it isn't reiterated in this novel like most authors choose to do with sequels.

I find this book reads like Talia is some sort of ignorant social activist who thinks that she knows better about other people's cultures than the people in it. I find it unbelievable that she goes to India and constantly talks and demands things of the culture that she shouldn't have the right to. Her gala is silly, as well. She seems to have the right connections to get the best minds there to try to figure out solutions, and she's such a 'genius' that she can get them thinking in a way that this true geniuses apparently had not been able to think of.

The only time she seems to show true emotion is when she's getting laid, and even then it's lacking.

I just feel like the narrator had no true character. There was not even a hint of explanation of what happened in the previous book, which is silly for even the Harry Potter books have explanations. I tried and tried to find something that would redeem this book for me and couldn't find anything. Just truly not a book for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unrequited.

January 20, 2014 – Started Reading