Katie G's Reviews > Split Second

Split Second by Kasie West

bookshelves: 2014-book-list, friendship, mystery-suspense, science-fiction, young-adult, paranormal

I couldn't wait to read this book, but I was also worried. I loved the first book (Pivot Point ) so much that I was afraid this one couldn't possibly live up to it, especially since half of the book is told from Laila's point of view.

I should have known better than to doubt Kasie West. The second book was just as good as the first. It was only slightly harder for me to get into it, and that's because it's hard to read about characters you already know when it turns out that they aren't acting like you're used to them acting. It's sort of like going back to your college after you graduate - everything is the same, yet everything is different.

Fortunately, this book wasn't quite as bad as going back to college. It's actually more like getting together with an old friend you haven't seen in a while. Sure, things might be awkward at first, and you sort of wish things would just go back to how they were, but before you know it, you're enjoying all the differences that once made you uncomfortable.

I liked Laila a lot more in this book than I did in the first one. This book had a lot more drama than the first one did, and I found myself reading it even faster than I did the first one. The ending was a bit too easily wrapped up for my liking, but overall this was a great book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Split Second.

January 20, 2014 – Shelved