oliviasbooks's Reviews > Hearts at Stake

Hearts at Stake by Alyxandra Harvey
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts at Stake.

Quotes oliviasbooks Liked

Alyxandra Harvey
“Why are you limping like that?' Nicholas demanded.
'I'm swaggering,' I informed him.
'You look like you're wearing a diaper.'
Charming. And I had a crush on this guy.
Wait.
I had a crush on this guy?
'Now what?' he asked. 'You're making weird faces.'
'Nothing,' I said quickly. 'Never mind.”
Alyxandra Harvey, My Love Lies Bleeding

January 2, 2010 –
page 20
January 2, 2010 –
page 106
42.74% "Hmm. I believe it will amount to 3 stars. Lucy's love-story is quite enjoyable."
January 2, 2010 – Shelved as: love-story-romance
January 2, 2010 – Shelved as: swapped-or-given-away
January 2, 2010 – Finished Reading
April 11, 2010 – Shelved as: read-2010
August 18, 2011 – Shelved as: high-expectations
September 1, 2011 – Shelved as: sequel-no-thank-you

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Okay, I'm confused, we are reading the same book but with a different title (could be that there is a logical explanation for it but this is me jumping to conclusions without doing any research about it lol)

oliviasbooks Yeah, I hate it, when publishers manage to confuse us readers with different titles for different editions of the same book. It also happend to me with Anderson's Knife / Spell Hunter.

oliviasbooks Btw, I just wiped Blood Feud off my wish list. I don't think I will need to see how the saga proceeds.... But we'll see.

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Daaaamn, I'm on page 28 and I really can't tell yet if I like it or not... I'd ask what you didn't like about it but I don't like spoilers ^^

message 5: by oliviasbooks (last edited Jan 02, 2010 04:44AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

oliviasbooks Do not worry: no spoiler! It's not that I specifically do not like something about that book (Maybe the setup in its entirety is not convincing. Feels like a vampire romance that has been washed with flowery fabric softener). I have just a feeling that there is not enough to really care about. At the moment I am solely ploughing through. It's not hard to keep on reading, but I am also not glued to the pages. Only 70 pages more to go.

... Oh, but I definetly do not like all those confusing and poorly described vampirical subraces. Who they are and what they can do and who they answer to. When they are introduced at the beginning, it feels like reading a Wikipedia entry badly in need of revising and stuffing.