(;Missy.Lala;)'s Reviews > Breakaway Hearts

Breakaway Hearts by Crista McHugh

All I can say is that even though this book was short and fast paced, it was ADORABLE!!!!!
I couldn't put it down, i loved all the characters (even the jerk side of Ben) and I am mentally hitting myself for not reading the first book!! :(

*Note to self: GET THE FIRST BOOK :)*

Anyway, I'm so glad I won this in a goodreads giveaway because this is my new favorite series of all time along with The Selection and The Hunger Games <3

So, Crista McHugh, YOUR A GENIOUS AND KEEP WRITING LIKE THIS ITS AMAZING!!!!
Now a short brief summary of this amazing book :):

This book is told on 2 point of views, the first one Ben Kelly who is a professional hockey player on break because of a knee injury, has retreated to his mountain cabin in the ski town of Cascade, BC.
While he is there, he goes to watch a hockey game and he runs into Hailey, the girl he was in love with nine years ago :)
Nine years may have passed, but nothing has dulled the explosive chemistry between them. Now he wants more than just one night...........

The second point of view is Hailey Erikson who had Olympic-sized dreams until an accidental pregnancy from nine years before today with Ben, and her life was shattered when her son died of a brain tumor (such a shame :'(.
Nothing will keep her from fulfilling her promise to him to make the Olympic team, especially not the charming Ben Kelly (the guy she fell in love with nine years ago and got pregnant from ruining her career).
Unfortunately, nothing is going to stop Ben from sweeping her off her feet this time, and she finds him harder and harder to resist with each passionate kiss.

While their relationship growing, something complicated their relationship, putting it to a hold.
Ben learns about the child that he once had with Hailey that he never knew about....

He didn't know about the child because his agent kept the letters that Hailey gave to him that were important at the time, he found out by Hailey's stepmother Claire, and Ben thinks Hailey is a coward for keeping this from her.

That's when things got complicated between them.

At first it affects their relationship build in the story, but then Ben apologized like crazy to Hailey for going out on her like how he did at the end of the book, and of course they make up because they can't get enough of each other.

With the help of his brother Adam, Ben finally gets the courage to ask Hailey to marry him when Hailey had an Olympics career of her own, keeping the promise she kept with Zach (their son) and Ben continues his career after his knee is 100% fixed :)

So, this story did have a happy ending after all :) and I LOVED IT THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!!!!

I can't wait to get the first one and the next one :) I want to find out how the other 6 brothers lives are <333 so excited!!!! :)

*HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :)*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breakaway Hearts.

January 17, 2014 – Shelved
February 17, 2014 –
page 80
February 18, 2014 –
page 140
70.71% "Amazing.... Unputdownable :)"
February 18, 2014 – Shelved as: books-with-reviews
February 18, 2014 – Shelved as: can-t-stop-thinking-about-it
February 18, 2014 – Shelved as: favorites-by-a-landslide
February 18, 2014 – Shelved as: would-read-again
February 18, 2014 – Finished Reading
April 8, 2014 – Shelved as: print-arc
April 8, 2014 – Shelved as: won
June 24, 2014 – Shelved as: first-reads

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Lola (new)

Lola Great review, Lucy! But, seriously, new favourite series? Woah.

(;Missy.Lala;) Lol this is ONE of my favorite out of many :3

And this series is A-MA-ZING...