Katie's Reviews > Sisters Red

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

Dec 29, 2009

bookshelves: books-i-own, signed-books, favorites

Sisters Red is absolutely fantastic. The idea is genius, the action is heart-stopping, the romance is hot and the bond between sisters Scarlett and Rosie is like nothing that I’ve ever read before. It was a big leap from As You Wish, but Jackson Pearce wrote another winner with this one.

Alternating POVs make me nervous. Usually, I like to stay in the head of one character for the entire length of a book. So knowing that I’d be switching back and forth between Rosie and Scarlett definitely didn’t appeal to me. But once I actually started reading, I couldn’t get enough. The sisters have completely different personalities, but their drive to protect and care for one another is the same.

Despite how much I enjoyed reading about how the sisters kicked some major fenris ass, I fell in love with the blossoming romance between Rosie and their lifelong friend and partner in fenris ass-kicking, Silas. He‘s sweet, protective and supportive of her desire to live a life outside of the fenris. One of my favorite literary romances ever!

And don’t get me started on that epic ending .. I was crying and cheering and having multiple reactions that were so hysteric and loud that I probably woke the neighbors.

Overall, Sisters Red is an amazing modern and paranormal twist on Little Red Riding Hood. The March sisters tell a story of heroism, love, and an unbreakable but slightly dysfunctional bond between them that not even the most dangerous fenris can touch. I definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisters Red.

December 29, 2009 – Shelved