Veronica of V's Reads's Reviews > Lover at Last

Lover at Last by J.R. Ward

bookshelves: adult, erotica, male-male, paranormal-romance, scorching

FINALLY!!

Blaylock has loved Qhuinn, despite his mismatched eyes and outcast status, forever. Qhuinn knows this, but he is unwilling to accept that love--feeling mostly unworthy, but also harboring a desire to conform, in any small way that he can--particularly as his family has always hated him for being imperfect.

In previous books this dynamic has been well fleshed out, but in Lover At Last, Qhuinn's story, we see a new vulnerability. His family is dead and he's on his own. A willingness to chase Blay to find a REAL connection now consumes Qhuinn, but that's not so easy for a few reasons.
1. Blay's dating Qhuinn's cousin Saxton
2. Blay's very hurt that Qhuinn has repeatedly spurned his affection.
3. Qhuinn's going to be a daddy--now that he knocked up one of the Chosen.

Still, the attraction is fierce. And once Saxton steps aside, Blay allows himself to sample a bit of Qhuinn, never believing that Qhuinn is capable of a real relationship.

Boy, was he wrong.
And, man, I did love me this book.

It's a full-on M/M romance with sex scenes as wet and brutal as a hurricane. And, yet, the tender moments are equally fulfilling and thoroughly captivating. I long ago fell in love with Qhuinn falling in love with Blay. To see them finally connect? Rapture.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover at Last.

Started Reading