Teena R.'s Reviews > Quintana of Charyn

Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta

2037756
Jan 14, 2014

bookshelves: high-fantasy, political-intrigue, young-adult

4.5 stars. There are some slow parts (involving certain couples) but the good parts are really, really good. Look at the wondrous side, eh?

I love every scenes with that fantastic four of a family with all my hearts. My heart bleeds for Quintana. I would like to see her shine a little bit more brilliant but those letters are still gems.

Considering as a whole, I'm beginning to think this trilogy true protagonist is Froi. We saw him as a thoroughly changed man in this book. Gone was that opportunistic, selfish little thief. The scene with Nebian captain is glorious. This is a man who truly knew the price of war. And when he let Quintana go to prevent any further fight with nothing but the word "trust me" to hold on, he would make a good king indeed.

And Isaboe's scene in the forest. Poor, brave girl. What a queen! You are so not deserve her Finnikin! Man up, will ya?!

And the ending, oh the ending. Such a squee-worthy ending. A little bit too comedic but ain't I need that! After so much bloodshed, it's like a tiny slice of rainbow and sunshine and prancing unicorn!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quintana of Charyn.

January 14, 2014 – Shelved