Mike (the Paladin)'s Reviews > Factotum (Monster Blood Tattoo, #3)

Factotum (Monster Blood Tattoo, #3) by D.M. Cornish

bookshelves: action, fantasy, ya-fantasy

This is the third in the series and it ties the story up...in a way. I liked these. There is a continuing subtext in the series that I'm relatively sure most older readers will have been and be aware of.

It may be of course that younger readers won't pick up on it right away, but here it's brought to the fore and pretty heavily "outlined".

As for young readers, there are some parts that may not be appropriate for some...I give my usual recommendation. Read the book first yourself and decide if your "youth" is mature enough for the book.

We have followed our young hero throughout the series and we've slowly learned about him who he is (view spoiler). Now as the story winds up we get a fairly long and at times an even slow set up. When we do get to the climax things pickup and charge ahead.

I'm not sure how each reader will like the end of the book and the series. I'm not even sure if it was ended this way (view spoiler).

So, good book, good series...fair ending. Recommended.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Factotum (Monster Blood Tattoo, #3).

January 13, 2014 – Started Reading