Robin B's Reviews > Crazy Maybe

Crazy Maybe by A.D. Justice

did not like it
bookshelves: jenny, couldnot-finish

This is getting my distinguished 1 star and DNF rating.

DNF at 25%

I mentioned I had issues with this book after the first 2 chapters in my updates. Those concerns did not get much better. The overlap was killing me.

However what made me stop this book is it's lack of ability to connect me to the characters and the scenes. I didn't feel like I was there, with Andi and Luke. I felt like I was uninvited guest who was being given a bland run down of what was going on.

At one point there's a party. But instead of us experiencing that party (in that way that only readers understand) I felt like I was getting the ESPN play by play. There was hardly any interaction being provided for us.

I will say- what little actual character interactions we got up to that point were good and they definitely helped draw me in more. But left me feeling like a starving child in a third world country...just waiting for someone to come by and throw me a bone.

I didn't pick up on any major editing issues or grammar problems. It's just lacked...personality.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Maybe.

January 13, 2014 – Started Reading
January 13, 2014 – Shelved
January 13, 2014 – Shelved as: jenny
January 13, 2014 –
7.0% "2 chaps in and I'm bored. A lot of overlap when we switch POVs and a lot of repetition with the individual characters. Plus- they both 'sound' the same. Gonna push for another couple chaps- see what happens, but I don't have high hopes."
January 14, 2014 – Finished Reading