Sophie's Reviews > Lost in Us

Lost in Us by Layla Hagen

[review also on my blog at http://beentherereadthatreviewedthebo...]

I was so looking forward to reading Lost In Us, ever since I signed up for the cover reveal for it. The book definitely did not disappoint.

The synopsis did leave the book open to being predictable and overdone, but I was so impressed that never happened. In fact, at times it was infuriatingly realistic because I just wanted a straight-forward happy-ever-after for Serena and James! I loved how it worked though – both characters won me over almost instantly and I was engaged throughout the whole book.

Layla Hagen paced Lost in Us to perfection. It did not feel like a debut novel at all – more like the author had been bringing high quality books out for years on end. The characters were strong, even the less involved ones like Jess and Parker. My only slight wish would have been to see a bit more of Jess and Parker, but in a way that was only because the author did so well in making me care for them too.

Lost In Us was a great debut, and already I’m anxiously awaiting more from Layla. All aspects of the book worked well together, and it stepped away from a lot of the predictability seen in romance books. I think the author is on to great things.

4.5/5

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost in Us.

January 11, 2014 – Shelved
January 11, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
February 21, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)