Elizabeth's Reviews > A Wedding in December

A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve

Dec 23, 2009

it was ok
Read in December, 2009

This novel was recommended to me by a very intelligent woman who couldn't believe I hadn't read it. The book says more about this woman--it is about a wedding that brings together friends who haven't seen one another in over 20 years. It reminds me of the movie "The Big Chill" (yes, one member died). The woman who owns the B&B where they are having the wedding married a philandering poet who is now deceased (he was married when they started dating). The couple who are getting married were sweethearts in high school who re-met at the reunion when he was still married. One of the people is gay. The single woman who is teaching at their alma mater had an affair with one of the teachers. Blah blah. It is well written for what it is--I just couldn't care enough. However, if you like juicy girly novels, you'll probably like this. It might even be an Oprah book since the characters are fairly well developed.
And the woman who recommended it--I think she might want to go back and do-over moments in her life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wedding in December.