Jade Onyx's Reviews > Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast by Shoshanna Evers

24320816
Jan 08, 2014

Once again, Shoshanna has delivered a delightful erotic treat for erotica lovers. Gripping and well-paced, I read the whole tale in one sitting. This page-turner kept me wondering whch parts from the classic fairy tale would play out and which parts were the reimagined version. Well, Shoshanna did a fine job keeping me guessing. I was hooked to the very last sentence.

Besides the obvious stars in the story, I found the other characters just as amusing. The constable and his wife served as comic relief for me—they were so serious about their jobs yet perfectly opposed to Belle's father's desires. Although their convincing roles were quickly drawn up and integral to the rest of the story, Shoshanna has a way of keeping readers engaged in the star characters with breathtaking suspense.

Above all else, I love Shoshanna's books because all the hot-as-hell book boyfriends are respectful and act on consent. So sex with these dominant boyfriends stays in the realm of sexy—even though this book boyfriend happens to be the Beast and likes his sex kinky. By the end of the book, *you'd* want to bed the Beast!

Beauty was also a great heroine in that she showed concern for people, fought with her inner demons (or beasts) and stood her ground when it mattered. She was the perfect balance between the traditional devout nurturer and the modern independent woman who could fend for herself. Shoshanna's reimagined tale is far more gratifying than its predecessors in that readers get permission to experience a sexual being, a sexual Beauty, with a sexy, kinky Beast.

Overall, I highly recommend this book. The plot is fresh, the characters convincing, the sex steamy, plus there's the happily ever after I've come to expect from Shoshanna's works. I'd say, snuggle up warm under the covers, download the ebook or curl up with the paperback and enjoy a warm night before diving into that chilly stormy night when Beast came into being...

I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty and the Beast.

January 8, 2014 – Shelved