Katrine Judd's Reviews > Her Fearful Symmetry

Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger

did not like it
Recommended for: no

I was excited to get my hands on this book because of the author. I loved The Time Traveler's Wife. I enjoyed the story and immersed myself into the romance. I truly hoped Her Fearful Symmetry would be the same way. So I forced myself to get through this book page by painful page.

I did not understand the characters. Problems that were minor made each person live an incredible lie for years without questioning why they were doing it. I found their circumstances ridiculous.

In The Time Traveler's Wife the way the story was written allowed me to believe the supernatural could be true. The Supernatural in Her Fearful Symmetry was absurd.

I completed the book hoping it to end well. But again, I was disappointed. I felt like their was a part of my life I could never get back again. If Audrey Niffenegger ever writes a book again I would probably read it because I still have hopes to discover a book like her first.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Fearful Symmetry.

December 22, 2009 – Shelved
Started Reading
December 29, 2009 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Mellow I just finished this and I really liked it a lot. I'll give you that it requires you to accept the supernatural world as the author presents it. Doing that though, I thought it was a good read! I can just see you being angry in my mind at your wasted time! So funny!!

Mellow Haha. I borrowed this from a 1 star reviewer, Scarlet:
"Here’s a question: What would you do if you had an overbearing, bossy twin sister whom you needed to get away from??

a. Bear with it – she’s family after all.
b. Elope with your middle-aged boyfriend.
c. Get your parents involved and have a long family chat.
d. Willingly die, and then try to resurrect yourself without her knowledge.

?