Becky's Reviews > Drawn in Blood

Drawn in Blood by Andrea Kane

Dec 22, 2009

bookshelves: audio

Awesome book! Though I didn't like this one quite as well as Twisted, this one amazed me just the same.

The amount of research that Ms. Kane puts into her books is fantastic. It really helps make the story believable because it has such a ring of truth to it. This book delves into the world of art theft. Not anything that I'm familiar with, nor anything that I've read about before. That in itself made this book stand out.

Sloane and Derek are interesting characters. Each strong in their own way, yet willing to bend each other's way to make a relationship work. I liked that there wasn't a whole bunch of drama centered around their relationship. Sometimes with the romantic/suspense books you get the whole break-up/get back together thing going. It wasn't necessary in this book, and I think it might have ruined it. They worked together to strengthen their relationship and to solve a case. I actually think it made their characters seem much more real.

The ending was perfect. Usually in books with characters that I enjoy, I find myself mad that the book is over and wanting more because I need something more from them. However, this book ended, then went to an epilogue that closed out the stories. While Kane could easily bring these characters back, she wouldn't have to. I really liked how the epilogue put the finishing touches on the whole story.

Overall, if this is your genre, you HAVE to read Kane. Whether it's this book, Twisted, or any others, she is a fantastic writer who has a new and devoted follower.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drawn in Blood.