Heather Hopkins Roberts's Reviews > After I'm Gone

After I'm Gone by Laura Lippman

Jan 08, 2014

Read 2 times. Last read November 1, 2013.

Laura Lippman is a spellbinding author. Since her first book debuted in 1997, Baltimore Blues I have not been disappointed by ANY of her books. I cannot encourage you strongly enough, that if you enjoy mystery, suspense, great characters, and excellent writing, Ms. Lippman will NEVER disappoint.
Her newest standalone, "After I'm Gone”, is no exception. The book grabs you from the first page and never stops. I could not have read this book during college or midterms and passed, you will not be able to put it down. I find myself still thinking about it after I finished the book.

What would happen if the man you love, the father you adore, leaves one night and you never see him again? Will you ever stop searching for the truth? What about when your lifestyle changes and you go from being rich and carefree to struggling. How does the loss of this person in your life affect you? What do you do when a retired cop starts poking around into a missing person’s case involving the mistress of the man who disappeared?

I not only found this to be an incredible read but the characters were well developed and even the man who left them all behind is a well-developed character. Ms. Lippman does a fantastic job of describing the three daughters and their own struggles and insecurities that arose from this void left by their father's abandonment. The story comes to a thrilling and unexpected conslusion that will leave readers spellbound and breathless.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After I'm Gone.

Finished Reading (Audiobook Edition)
October 10, 2013 – Shelved (Audiobook Edition)
Started Reading