Faye's Reviews > Deuce

Deuce by Janine Caldwell

F 50x66

If you've read the book, you'll know why I gave 4 stars.

It's finally the conclusion to the Vortex Series.

In this final installment, "Deuce". Trent went back in time once again to change Cassie's life to live a third parallel life but little did both knew that Cassie's life would experienced dramatic changes. And that new dangers arises and this time it may end up with Trent losing someone.

I really enjoyed reading this series and it makes me sad to think it has ended.

Cassie may have just found the balance to living her third parallel life but all is not well with her relationship to Trent. That is to say, Trent is not under the good graces of Cassie's parents which kind of starts their trouble. Plus, Cassie also gained the ability to jump which ended up creating more problems for them.

I was thinking what more is there and just when I thought I figured it out there's more. I loved that Trent is willing to do anything especially to teach Cassie how to control her jump and that Trent would take the downfall in order to protect her. I do understand Cassie's parents but even I would feel choked up in their restrictions. I'm glad that Cassie has a friend whose parents are awesome.

I wished those reporters never existed they ruined everything. Well, they just ruined one part but I never expected that and I cried when that happened. Although I'm happy to see Cassie and Trent having their get together romance which lands them in bliss. I thought, "that's just so sweet". Then after that boom, their goes my tears. I won't say what happened but read it to find out. I also felt sad for this other guy. Well, I'm not saying his name because it would be obvious.

Jeff... What can I say about him? Hmmm. I like him at the beginning and it turned sour in the middle near the end but when he finally matured and accepted Cassie's choice, I don't hate him that much.

But I do want to say that the ending made a beautiful picture. It made me teary - eyed and I sighed, "Oh". Although I must say that there should be a warning label of tragedy here. For me, it should coz that bomb was suddenly dropped on my lap and I wanted to scream, "Noooooo!!!".

The ending may be beautiful but it could not compensate for that part. As I read the last part of the book, I wished their was more. It was beautifully written even if I have to accept some parts in order for this series to have its ending.

I received a copy from YA Bound Book Tour for the blog tour.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deuce.

January 8, 2014 – Shelved