Kaity's Reviews > Accordance

Accordance by Shelly Crane

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult, romance, favorites

** spoiler alert ** Let's talk about Maggie and Caleb first. In case you didn't know I am a huge Maggie and Caleb shipper. They are awesome together. [spoiler] And when Caleb asked Maggie to marry him, we're talking major fangirl moment.

Kyle got on my nerves so many times. I'm not a fan of love triangles. [spoiler] And then a girl named Lynn came and imprinted on Kyle and I was like "Yay!", now Kyle is in love with Lynn, and there are no more love triangles (I hope).

And I understand what the cover of the fourth book is about, with the red dress and stuff! I get it!

All in all, this is a great story. I love it and will re-read it again and again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Accordance.

Quotes Kaity Liked

Shelly Crane
“You know any single girls in their twenties that would go for Bish?" I asked Caleb.
"Sure, I know plenty. But would Bish go for it? He doesn’t seem to
be attracted to anything that walks, talks, eats or breathes except my sister.”

Shelly Crane
“The day Caleb touched my hand and I saw all those things, I was excited. Yes, a little freaked but excited more. I felt like...everything I ever needed was right there. I still feel like that. It's not something you can just turn off and I wouldn't want to. I want him more than I need him.”

Shelly Crane
“I am so in love with you,” I told him.
He smiled graciously and pressed his nose and cheek to mine with a hand on my jaw.
“I'm so in love with you.”
“I know,” I said happily and smiled through the rain on my cheeks.”

Shelly Crane
“Everything we'll accomplish, we'll do it together or not at all.”

Shelly Crane
“I want him more than I need him.”

Shelly Crane
“He pulled my face up with his hand cupping my cheek and kissed me on my trembling mouth. He smoothed his hands down my arms, my back, my hair, my cheek, soothing me.

“There’s a picture of you two in the dictionary under ‘get a room’,” Kyle said from behind me.”

Shelly Crane
“Caleb,” I called and looked at him. “I need you.” He looked surprised as he came forward. “What do you need?” “You.” “Does this require a human sacrifice?” he said joking. “No,” I laughed and heard Jen laugh too. “You remember I told you how I needed you at my side? I do, always. I can’t do any of this without you. Your touch is the trigger.” “It is?” he said in surprise. “You are just as important as I am. In the vision, I saw that you and I will be the key, not just me. Everything we’ll accomplish, we’ll do it together or not at all.”

Shelly Crane
“So what was your favourite song?"
"Um...the one about the sun sizzling into the ocean." He laughed hard. "What?"
"Zeke wrote that song about his cat."
"His cat," I repeated blandly.
"Yep, Peaches, she ran away."
"I'd run away too," I muttered under my breath, making him laugh harder.”

Shelly Crane
“He looked like he always did. Jeans and a black Foo Fighters t-shirt, his hair lay over his forehead and around his ears. I pushed my hand through it.
"It's perfect. It's you."
He grinned, shaking his head.
"Zeke told me to wear leather, lots of it."
"And you're rebelling?" I said through a laugh.
"I'm telling him to subtly screw himself.”

Shelly Crane
“Maggie." He chuckled. "I can't really be mad at you in case you haven't noticed."
"I know, I know. The imprint," I said begrudgingly.
"No, not the imprint. It's you. You're so sweet and you care about everybody. You hate when people are upset with you. You love cream soda. It's kind of hard to be mad at someone who's like that.”

Shelly Crane
“You proposed over a plate of burned bacon?”

Shelly Crane
“Alright, well, we're going to go tell Maggie's father." Kyle came forward to inspect Caleb's face closely. "Dude, what are you doing?"
"Just memorising your pretty face before it gets all mangled."
Caleb laughed and shoved Kyle who laughed too. "Shut up, man.”

Shelly Crane
“What makes you think he won't freak? He is my father and I'm his only little girl."
"Betcha five bucks."
"Deal," I said with a laugh. "He is gonna freak and I'll take your money and buy a honey bun with a diet cream soda and I won't share with you," I sang.”

January 8, 2014 – Shelved