JLObcena's Reviews > Bloom

Bloom by Marilyn Grey

Oh Bloom, I love you! Ms. Grey, I love you more! Life, I love you most!

THIS IS A BOOK YOU SHOULDN'T MISS TO READ.

After reading Bloom, I tend to appreciate what most of us always take for granted - the beauty of life, freedom, and the ability to stand up and conquer one's fears. Bloom is an eye opener to everyone. Physical appearance catches the eye and brings temporary pleasure. It'll only make you arrogant. It'll make you feel like a beauty queen wearing the crown wherever you go and will crave for the attention and praises of others that you forget that beauty is making you fly so high, and when that beauty fades, you'll fall face to face to the ground. Suddenly you'll realize that true beauty comes from within. That what matters most is people notice you for having a good heart and kindred spirit, and that what makes you beautiful. You have touched the heart of other people without you realizing it.

------------------------

Bloom is the fifth book of the Unspoken Series of Marilyn Grey. Each is a stand alone book. Although the characters grow from the first book up to her current one, Bloom. If you're planning to read Bloom without reading her other books, go on. Again, each book can stand alone. Each has its own story to tell. And Bloom has a different one.

Bloom is an eye opener to those who are blinded by white skin, curvy body,long legs, toned muscles - name the things that define beauty from a shallow point of view. I admit that even I adore those perfect bodies some are blessed to have. But when I read Bloom, suddenly I felt shallow for admiring and even dreaming to achieve those things.

Bloom testifies that what matters most is the beauty of the heart, not of the face. After surviving cancer,Sarah Jordan finally felt the freedom to live again. But then that fire incident during the camping with James happened. And everything started to change. Sarah was a head turner for her beauty. Always checking up her reflection whenever she had the chance to. But her beauty was burnt together with the fire. Leaving her nothing but a half-face of scars and beauty.

By that Sarah took her appearance seriously that she despised to receive love and even believe on it anymore. She kept on pushing away the ones who loved her. But then she met this little girl whose scars were identical to hers. This girl, Anastasia, had its own struggle but optimism was etched on her personality. She was full of life. As young as her age, she was able to inspire her family, especially Sarah, her new found friend. Through Ana, Sarah has opened her door to love again. To accept her appearance, conquer her fears, and finally, allow herself to be loved in return.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloom.

January 7, 2014 – Shelved