Lucy's Reviews > Wuthering Heights

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

F 50x66

bookshelves: favourite, read-again, own-it, classics

I love this book. It's amazing. I love the gothic setting and the strange romance between Heathcliff and Catherine (although romance is probably too mild a word).

Their passion for one another is ungoverned and wild and I think that's one of the main reasons why I was so drawn to this novel- you just don't find this kind of love in books anymore! I love all the characters (even Joseph, who I couldn't understand half the time) and the plot is excellent, albeit a little confusing at first.

There were some parts that I was really bored with reading, and these parts were the lengthy descriptions of the environment, etc. These parts put me off but for the most part, I enjoyed Wuthering Heights very much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wuthering Heights.

Quotes Lucy Liked

Emily Brontë
“You loved me-then what right had you to leave me? What right-answer me-for the poor fancy you felt for Linton? Because misery and degradation, and death, and nothing that God or Satan could inflict would have parted us, you, of your own will, did it. I have not broken your heart- you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine."
~Heathcliff”

December 19, 2009 – Shelved as: favourite
December 19, 2009 – Shelved as: read-again
December 20, 2009 – Shelved as: own-it
March 31, 2010 – Shelved as: classics

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Carmen (new) - added it

Carmen ' (although romance is probably too mild a word)'

THAT IS SO TRUE.