Nethra Ram's Reviews > Dark Places

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

Gillian Flynn writes tight prose that automatically has you where she wants you to be - the edge of your seat. There's only a slim chance you won't finish this book in one read. Every single point of view presented works each block of the past and present one by one, and despite getting a little predictable towards the end, this book hits all marks of satisfaction you'd come to expect from a legit thriller. Kudos to the writing! Such, creepy creepy writing! Simply delicious.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Places.

January 6, 2014 – Shelved
January 6, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
July 13, 2014 – Started Reading
July 17, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Preethi Tried reading this book last month, couldn't go past the first few chapters. Doesn't have the meanness of her Gone Girl.

Nethra Ram That's very true but this one's interesting in its own right. Its got a bunch of teasingly brilliant sentences and a general plot intended to creep you out. Gone Girl took a 180 degree turn into awesome only after Part Two...Part One had me actually yawning. Well, I justly deserved the drop-jaw consequences I suffered after the flip :)

Preethi Agreed. This one has some meanness as Libby talks about the murder and her brother and all... I almost wanted to find out what happens. I even tried out the Wiki option *gasp* [Shoot me! :)], but gave up.
But somehow didn't feel like reading further. Read till the point where Libby meets the group of hobby enthusiasts... :)

Nethra Ram Ha ha no judgements. A book either works for you or doesn't. I take the Wiki route too sometimes ;)