Linds's Reviews > The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley

2039534
Dec 18, 2009

bookshelves: 1800-s, brothers, irish-or-scottish, cognitive-disabilities, england, historical-romance, romance, regency, highlander-romance
Read in December, 2009

I enjoyed this romance, if for no other reason then the uniqueness of the hero.

Lord Ian has asberger's in the time when there is no conception of autism. Labeled insane and thrown in a mental asylum throughout his teens and early twenties, this is truly a tortured hero.

It is really interesting to see things through Ian's point of view, especially when the reader is able to see the moods and motivations of others when Ian is not.

The love story is very sweet and touching, but I would be lying if I said I totally bought it. Supposedly Beth finds Ian's absolute bluntness refreshing after the two-faced dealings with the rest of the ton. She has to be the most accepting heroine ever. Anyway, even if it's not the most believable match, it is very endearing for Ian to find a woman willing to take him as he is.

There is a convoluted murder mystery that I could care less about and a villain that is more annoying then threatening.

None the less, this was the first book I've read by Jennifer Ashley and I'll be looking her up in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie.

Linds I'd like to read more of her, which one of your picks do you think is the best?

Rane Great Review Linds, I really adore this book and can't wait to read about the rest of the brothers~!