oliviasbooks's Reviews > The Divide

The Divide by Elizabeth Kay

Dec 18, 2009

bookshelves: other-creatures, urban-fantasy-paranormal, children-s-books, faeries-elves-pixies, dragons, read-2010, male-point-of-view, swapped-or-given-away
Recommended for: those who enjoyed "Whispering to Witches" by Anna Dale, for instance.
Read from February 27 to 28, 2010

Such a charming book about parallel worlds! Lots of interesting creatures, faint, mouth-curling humour, a quest for cure, friendship, help from unexpected ends and some pushes to think about our world / modern society, too. Hand me volumes 2 and 3, please!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Divide.

Quotes oliviasbooks Liked

Elizabeth Kay
“Are you frightened of me?' asked Ironclaw. 'No. Why should I be?' 'I'm very fierce,' said the brazzle, with some pride. 'All brazzles are fierce. They have to be, they guard hoards of gold. And they peck people's eyes out. Only when necessary, you understand.' 'Have you ever pecked someone's eyes out?' Ironclaw looked sheepish. 'No. But I could if I wanted to.' Felix smiled.”
Elizabeth Kay, The Divide

Elizabeth Kay
“I'm a shreddermouf, aren't I?' 'I was afraid of that,' said Tansy. He was going to keep her in his larder until he was hungy again, and then he was going to rip her apart. 'Dis is my lair', said the shreddermouth proudly. 'It's de best lair in Tiratattle.' 'Is it?' said Tansy. 'Oh yes. It's a drainage tunnel. Goes right up to de surface, it does. Lots of storage space. My name's Gulp.' 'Tansy,' said Tansy, deciding not to ask him what he kept in his storage space and wondering whether introductions were quite the thing.”
Elizabeth Kay, The Divide