Keysha's Reviews > The Broken Lake

The Broken Lake by Shelena Shorts

Dec 17, 2009

bookshelves: in-my-bookshelf, read-in-2010

I was bit concerned about The Broken Lake, I didn’t have the slightest idea of what to expect and I was a little worried it may not be as good as The Pace but however Shelena proves me that sequels often turns to be good and even better than their predecessors.

After Sophie brush with death she have to resume her life once again, with an overprotective mom and a very different Weston but this different is good he doesn’t want to take her time with Sophie for granted and be with her as much as she can but attention has been drawn to Weston and his company after Sophie’s aftermath and now Wes secret is in danger to be revealed and his life may be in danger.

I thought before writing this review how I would describe Wes and Sophie’s relationship in this book and they only thing that came into my mind was corny but don’t get me wrong is not a bad corny, a good corny, the kind of corny that you read and you don’t want stop reading it and the corny that every girl wants in her life. I couldn’t help to fall in love with their relationship even though they were attached to the hip in this book and Shelena found the way to write those scenes as something natural, as they were both meant to be this close and they were sharing each and every minute together. Did I find it obsessive? Not at all…. I find it very romantic.

I loved Weston in this book, he was surer of himself, more loving, more caring and sexier and I loved that he was willing to put everything in the line for Sophie even if that means putting his life on the line

The only thing that I find lacking was the antagonists of the story, we are still in the dark about whom or what they want and though I was happy that this was Sophie & Weston book I would have a little more about them and their motivation behind their scheming to get their hands on Weston.

So I wish I could say more about the book the plot because it would ruin the whole experience but if you liked the Pace I can assure that you are going to LOVE The Broken Lake I think 2010 is my year of reading awesome books and I can’t wait to get my hands on The Iron Quill.

Thanks to Michelle (Windowpane Memoirs) for me letting me participate in the The Broken Lake Arc Tour.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Broken Lake.

December 17, 2009 – Shelved
September 19, 2010 – Shelved as: read-in-2010
September 19, 2010 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Shelena (new) - added it

Shelena Yay! So glad you are starting it :D

Keysha I can't stop reading it! :)