Larissa's Reviews > A Gift of Daybreak

A Gift of Daybreak by Stella Price

Dec 17, 2009

Andrew is the last unmated males of his nest and during his cousin's wedding in Vegas he is approached by the Head of the local nest, Olivia, to audition females that are available to be taken as mates. The Vegas territory nest is full of venomous snakes, so Andy doesn't really think he will find a mate there.

I see Andy as a very contradictory man. He is the oldest of his cousins and time and time again says he does not want a mate anytime soon or ever. However, it only takes seeing Fajer in a picture, for her to capture his attention and it only takes her scent for all other females to disappear in his eyes. In my opinion, he only thought he didn't want a mate. I mean, he wanted Fajer as a mate and none else would do.

It is interesting that, as in life, no matter how many times you say that you are not ready for a relationship, when the right person comes along, it all goes out the window in one second.

This was not my favorite of the three books, but I enjoyed it a lot nonetheless. I liked to see that a true love story came out of the attempt to have an arranged mating. Andy turned out to be so romantic and a true gentleman. Whereas Fajer thirst for life was just as endearing.

A Gift of Daybreak might have been less naughty than the previous 2 books, but it was not less sexy. Andrew got to be sexy in a less kinky way, but in a more romantic and passionate way. I loved that and I enjoyed the difference.

I got really into this world Stella and Audra have created. I am proud to say that I am Team Weresnakes! hehe

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Gift of Daybreak.

December 17, 2009 – Shelved