Patrick's Reviews > Gutters - The Absolute Ultimate Gutters Omnibus

Gutters - The Absolute Ultimate Gutters Omnibus by Ryan Sohmer

I'm relatively new to the comic book world.

I say "relatively" here because I've been reading fantasy for about 30 years now. Comics I've only been reading for about 10 or so with any seriousness.

I don't think I'm a typical comic reader, either. I enjoy a fair amount of superhero stuff, but I don't actually follow any of the big storylines: Superman, X-Men, Batman, JLA.

As with my other reading, I mostly follow authors. If an author is good, I will read whatever they write. I will follow them to the ends of the earth.

This means my knowledge of mainstream comics tends to be spotty. I don't follow the industry, the politics, who is working for whom. A lot of what I read tends to be a year or two old before I get to it...

So you would think that a comic that satirizes the comic industry wouldn't be for me. You'd think that a comic that makes fun of the bad choices and politics and ridiculous reboots wouldn't tickle my fancy.

But you'd be wrong. Because Gutters cracks me up.

The books themselves are true works of art. Gorgeous printing and high production values.

One downside: They're oversized books. Very big. So if you're slightly OCD like me, that means finding shelf space for them is kinda hard.

You can read it online yourself if you like to get a taste for it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gutters - The Absolute Ultimate Gutters Omnibus.

Started Reading
January 4, 2014 – Shelved
January 4, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

alyssa shanta shaw this is a great book to read

message 2: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Lewis Aaaand three hours later, I realize I have a new addiction >.> These comics are pretty awesome. Looking forward to reading more in the future.