Toni FGMAMTC's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

19424370

bookshelves: historical, fantasy, top-must-reads-in-your-lifetime

Normally, I always read a book before watching the tv show or movie made from it. I didn't with this one, and I think that made my experience better. There are so many characters. I think I would have felt and little overwhelmed and lost reading it first. I'm current on the tv show, and I read the prequel book so I have a much better understanding of who people are and what's going on. It's been so long since I saw the first season of GoT that this book was also a great reminder of who the characters were in the beginning. I noticed things that didn't make it into the show and things that didn't register before. I highly enjoyed reading this and can't wait to continue the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

January 4, 2014 – Shelved
January 4, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
May 16, 2016 – Started Reading
May 23, 2016 – Shelved as: historical
May 23, 2016 – Shelved as: fantasy
May 23, 2016 – Shelved as: top-must-reads-in-your-lifetime
May 23, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Kerry Have not watched the show as I thought it would spoil my reading of the books, on the third one now, your review has me considering. May just watch some of first season to refresh my memory

Toni FGMAMTC Kerry wrote: "Have not watched the show as I thought it would spoil my reading of the books, on the third one now, your review has me considering. May just watch some of first season to refresh my memory"

I'm a MAJOR believer in reading the book first in most cases, but I really believe watching this first was helpful for me. I don't know if I would have been able to understand the huge world or keep the many characters straight in my head.