Kat Kennedy's Reviews > Into the Still Blue

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

bookshelves: books-i-want-for-christmas

I posted my official review on Tor. But, seriously. Just everything about this book is made of win, guys.

Oh, and Veronica Rossi is a goddess of amazing genius who I adore with complete abandon. Thank you so much for Perry, Aria and Roar. I'm so sad their amazing story is over!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Still Blue.

January 4, 2014 – Started Reading
January 4, 2014 – Shelved
January 27, 2014 – Finished Reading
November 26, 2014 – Shelved as: books-i-want-for-christmas

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)

Sofia how did you get it before the release date?

Kat Kennedy I am a book reviewer and publisher's send me early review copies.

Sofia So lucky :) I look forward to your review then!

Rachel OMG I can't wait for this book!!! So excited to read your review!

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Herondale How did you get into the book review job?
Because it sounds really cool!

Kat Kennedy I just started here on Goodreads. People seemed to like my reviews. Then I started a blog, which seems to have been a little successful.

message 7: by Chelsea (last edited Jan 24, 2014 02:15AM) (new)

Chelsea Herondale Kat Kennedy wrote: "I just started here on Goodreads. People seemed to like my reviews. Then I started a blog, which seems to have been a little successful."

Awesome! I'm Australian as well
You're so lucky

Nemo (The Moonlight Library) Kat Kennedy wrote: "I just started here on Goodreads. People seemed to like my reviews. Then I started a blog, which seems to have been a little successful."

By 'a little successful' she means authors and publicists know her name and it's one of the biggest book blogs out there. Yes?

message 9: by Sandra (last edited Jan 31, 2014 03:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra I received it today and can't wait to discover what's your 'ERMAGHERD' is about :D

Georjandavis Just finished it - totally agree with ERMAGHERD!

message 11: by Felicity (new)

Felicity Ep Sofia and Chelsea it's a must to read Kats review of a book before you even bother to pick it up . they are so funny and right on the money. saves me a bunch of money.

Kat Kennedy Nooooooo. Don't read my reviews! I'm a bum!

message 13: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Kreitzer I just bought this book! Can't wait to see how it ends.

message 14: by Marcia (new)

Marcia I agree Felicity. if Kat doesn't like it, then I usually don't either!

message 15: by Jana (new)

Jana Kat Kennedy wrote: "Nooooooo. Don't read my reviews! I'm a bum!"

You're a bum whose reviews I enjoy and trust, and you're a bum whose success with her blog gives me hope for my own aspirations. So...you're a bum...but you're an inspirational bum. :)

Kat Kennedy I hope everyone knows I pay these people to come onto reviews and say nice things about me.

Amanda I can't bring myself to start reading this and none of you can make me! Do you hear me? NONE OF YOU!

*builds a bunker*

message 18: by Tessa (new) - rated it 1 star

Tessa You're not losing much. Despite the general hysteria I also don't find her writing particularly good.

Kat Kennedy I think hysteria is the wrong word to use. I think there's legitimate reasons to be a fan of this series, not accounting for personal tastes. A lot of art is subjective, but there are objective markers of positive traits about this series and book.

message 20: by Tessa (new) - rated it 1 star

Tessa I hope I'm not ofending you in any way with this, I usually like the books you like, but while the previous 2 in this series were ok, this final book is painfully predictable and the main characters are not the same. I don't feel the same connection with them as I used to have in the previous 2 books and I don't feel the same 'fire' they use to have either. I also can't say her writing is particularly good. It's not overly simplistic, highly acceptable for YA, but still, nothing out of the ordinary. I don't think there is a single quote that I liked from this series. A quote that actually spoke to me in any way.

Kat Kennedy That's fine. I disagree, but respect your opinion. I just find the use of the word hysteria problematic due to it's misogynistic connotations.

message 23: by Tessa (new) - rated it 1 star

Tessa Lol, I'm a girl as well, but never found that world to be misogynistic. Maybe because it can be attribute to both women and men? O.O

Kat Kennedy The direct meaning of the word and it's entire origin revolve around the uterus and it's supposed powers to make women act all crazy.

message 25: by Tessa (new) - rated it 1 star

Tessa ok, noted, will not use it again ^^.

Anna (Literary Exploration) I love this booooook. Veronica is the best person ever. She's so sweet!

message 27: by Gary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gary Irwin Very good review Kat; accurately reflects my thinking. This is one of the best trilogies in its genera. Highly recommended. I also am looking forward to future work by Ms. Rossi.

message 28: by Maru (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maru This series was everything I could ever want from a YA series. The characters were perfect and will stay with me for a long time. I'm so happy these books exist, they seriously bring back hope that YA series can be REALLY GOOD. I loved every minute with these characters.

M8881 To Tessa's comment about quotes, there were so many that spoke to me in the third book.
From p. 303 "She could have lived every minute she's had with him better. She should have always spoken the best words she could to him." Ugh yes!
There are lots more but that was my favorite.