Laura's Reviews > How I Lost You

How I Lost You by Janet Gurtler

liked it
bookshelves: ya, romance, realistic-fiction

This was a pretty decent book..It details the life of Grace and her best friend Kya. They are normal high school seniors until Kya starts to change due to a trauma she endured earlier in her life. Grace, believing in BBS (Buds before Studs), covers for Kya when she becomes drunk and starts losing herself mostly on purpose.

All through this book, I found myself screaming at Grace to wake up and tell Kya how it is. Kya was getting deeper and deeper in and all Grace was doing was comforting her and telling her she did nothing wrong. Grace stuck with her and I admire that until it gets ridiculous which it did. Anyway. Before I start ranting, I'll close this review off by saying it was a wonderful story of the troubles some teens face going through high school as they discover themselves and deal with life's pressures and hardships. I felt that both of them were extremely immature and seemed like 9th graders the way they acted, not seniors.

Three stars for this book - great story line and writing, however the characters actions didn't fit themselves entirely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How I Lost You.

January 3, 2014 – Started Reading