Deloris's Reviews > My Soul to Keep

My Soul to Keep by Tananarive Due

I did not know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised that basically this is a love story, a love story unlike anything I have ever read. A friend of mine wrote a blog about originality today, this story is the original no copies here. The love between Dawit and Jessica is the most beautiful thing I have read. Dawit has a desperate love for his wife and daughter Kira, I felt Jessica loved him the same but differently because of the close relationship with her family. The things Dawit did to keep his secrete were upsetting but I understood why he did them. I found myself mad at Jessica for some of the things she did even though I understood them. I wanted her to have the blind trust that Dawit had in her, I wanted her to know he loved her so much, he would not harm her . I think some where deep inside she knew better but she was conflicted like Dawit was about faith, faith in the things her husband said no matter how crazy it was he would not harm her or Kira. I loved this book so much I am reading the second book in the series " Living Blood" next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Keep.

January 3, 2014 – Started Reading