Maureen's Reviews > The Name of the Wind

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

10762033

THIS. BOOK. WAS. SO. FREAKING. GOOD.

I'm not over it. Everyone was right it's amazing and I love it so much and I'm still sad the third book isn't out even though it's been basically six years it's fine EVERYTHING IS FINE.

This book has all the makings of a great fantasy. Amazing world building. Characters that you connect with & that grow. Plot that moves along very well and is supremely interesting. It's got it all.

I also listened to the audiobook part of the time and really really enjoyed it!

It's just great and you should read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Name of the Wind.

January 3, 2014 – Shelved
January 3, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
August 2, 2017 – Started Reading
August 2, 2017 –
page 1
0.15% "FINALLY"
August 6, 2017 –
page 132
19.94% "I CRI THIS IS SO SAD"
August 7, 2017 –
page 305
46.07% "This book is so good y'all."
August 10, 2017 –
page 614
92.75% "I'm definitely finishing this book tonight and omg I love it so much."
August 10, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Jenny Everything is FINE.
*sobbing

message 2: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie (Bookish Plans) I've been debating on whether to pick this series up.....but the book is ginormous and almost seems daunting. After your review, I'm pretty sure I'm getting this now!

Jesse (JesseTheReader) ugh i need to read it

Raeleen Lemay YES YES YES JESSE READ IT

ALSO MAUREEN I'M SO GLAD YOU LOVED THIS UGH

Maureen All of you that haven't read it READ IT NOW. It's huge but very easy to read - you'll fly through it

Owen Banner "One thing I also appreciated is how simple the magic system is. It's pretty easy to understand the basics so there isn't a ton of info-dumping."

Totally agree. I'm really surprised it's not a bigger deal than it is. I guess it's because he hasn't put more than two books into the series yet. It's incredible, though, and the magic system is one of my favorite parts.

message 7: by Margo (new) - added it

Margo Is there any romance? I really love Romance, especially in fantasy books bc it's done so beautifully