Fictitious1's Reviews > Fast Money

Fast Money by Colleen Helme

Jan 02, 2014

liked it
bookshelves: audiobooks, read-for-review, a-to-z-challenge-2014

This series would make a great present for my mother. It has everything she enjoys in a story - a relatable female protagonist, minimal explicit language, a bit of humour to keep it light, implied violence, a mystery to follow, and no graphic sex scenes.

I hadn't read the first book so some parts were a bit confusing. I suggest reading the synopsis of the first book, Carrots, before reading Fast Money. There were a lot of characters and at times I was confused with who was who but a strong series needs a range allies and villains.

I read the audiobook edition. I really liked the narrator. She really embodied the character of Shelby. Fast Money is written from Shelby's perspective in almost a stream of consciousness style. Through Shelby we hear what the other characters are thinking, this meant that while the narrate or differentiated character voices, she didn't attempt any rediculous accents - YAY!

There are several plot lines that intersect in interesting ways. The novel's conclusion sets it a promising premise for the rest of the series

Next time I'm looking for a holiday read, I will pick up the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fast Money.

January 2, 2014 – Started Reading