Brittany Alexander's Reviews > Love, Lies & the D.A.

Love, Lies & the D.A. by Rebecca Rohman

Jan 02, 2014

Wow!!! This is the first novel I’ve read by this fabulous author, but man, do I want to read more of her work. What makes this a six-star read is the fact that I felt for the characters. That at one point I was sobbing my eyes out. Just freaking fantabulous.
Jada McLean leads a happy life with everything and everyone she needs. Her fiancé, Richard, and her best friend, Koto. That is until she walks in on a betrayal, one she’ll never forgive.
Jada is a workaholic. She runs her own hotel chain and is constantly in the office. She loves to be in charge, which is why she is the boss. She thought she had her whole life figured out, but things change with just a simple phone call.
When certain events take place, Jada is in the spotlight as a suspect in a high-profile murder case. While away on vacation to clear her head, Jada meets San Francisco’s District Attorney, Jonathon Kole. Their first meeting makes Jonathon out to be a huge jerk, and Jada continues to think that way until he finds a way to weasel himself inside her heart.
Jonathon Kole is heartstoppingly gorgeous. His gray eyes will capture you immediately. He, like Jada, is used to being in charge. He is the District Attorney, after all, and his job is to basically give orders and argue. He’s met his match with Jada, but it will take more than just a few romantic words for her to let him in.
This novel is so much more than a romance book. It is a highly suspenseful mystery as well. It will certainly keep you on your toes. I couldn’t wait to get my next fix of this book.
Rebecca Rohman is amazing. That’s really all I can say. She is a fantastic writer and knows what it takes to get the reader emotionally invested in the story. I was in it from the beginning.
With many twists and turns, this book will take you on a journey through one woman’s journey as she tries to clear her name while facing multiple threats from multiple people. And here’s a warning, at one point, you will probably become extremely angry with Rebecca. I know I did, but I’ve forgiven her.
Wonderful novel, Rebecca. I absolutely loved it and hope to read more of your work!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love, Lies & the D.A..

Finished Reading
January 2, 2014 – Shelved

Rebecca Rohman Hello Brittany,

Thank you for reading my book, thank you for sharing your thoughts, and thank you for your continued support.

I appreciate all that you've done for me and just wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU.

I wish you all the best.

Warm wishes,