Wanda Hartzenberg's Reviews > Invisible

Invisible by Lorena McCourtney

bookshelves: 2014

Ivy is an elderly woman. As such she is becoming invisible. People cut in front of her in cues, don't realize she is in the room until she speaks up...she is becoming a non person. A non entity.

That said, she is still as sharp as a tick. And she uses this invisibility to become an unpaid sleuth.
In her endeavors she finds a new love interest ( she is NOT that old.).
She finds and connect crime bosses to crimes, all in all her invisibility works for her until one night she founds herself in the wrong place at the wrong time with the right crime bosses!

It is seldom these days that I find a universal truth within fiction. The author of this book did a brilliant job in reminding me, as a reader of how we as a community tends to marginalize our old!

Bravo

WaAr
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invisible.

January 1, 2014 – Shelved
January 1, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014
Started Reading
January 2, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Malla (new)

Malla The marginalization of the old is, in my view, one of the great tragedies of our society. There is still so much we need to recognise and change to bring greater comfort and care to the elderly. It is true that over a certain age, one becomes an invisible person. The theme of this book sounds brilliant. A must read. Thanks for your review.

Wanda Hartzenberg Malla wrote: "The marginalization of the old is, in my view, one of the great tragedies of our society. There is still so much we need to recognise and change to bring greater comfort and care to the elderly. It..."

Thank you Malla. It is mostly a fun read but the theme of the book is really an eye opener.