Jennifer's Reviews > Beautiful Failure

Beautiful Failure by Mariah Cole

**A complimentary copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

~~ 5 Stars ~~

What can I say….I LOVED this book. I thought this was a wonderful debut novel by Mariah Cole. This book was filled with so much emotion and raw feelings you couldn't help but feel everything Emerald felt. I loved that the author was able to get me to connect with the characters on a personal level….especially since Emerald was so closed off. I loved the writing style and flow of this book. We were given some flashbacks throughout the story but they flowed effortlessly that you as the reader never get confused as to what is going on. This book was so much more then just a really great love story, it was more about the journey that Emerald takes to better her life and become a better person.

I loved Emerald's character. Now I know that she is one of those characters that you are either going to love or hate. She is really rough around the edges. I loved her though, she was very closed off and bitter, but she really had every right to be. What happens to Emerald in her past would break anyone. Not only didn't she have a terrible childhood growing up with a mother who was broken herself, but as she grew up and ventured onto college, things just got worse. My heart broke for her on more then one occasion. What happened to her in college was absolutely horrible. The sad fact is that things like this actually happen in real life. I loved how the author had Emerald react to this situation. I found it believable and I was silently fist pumping Emerald while reading this scene. I loved watching Emerald grow over the course of the book, we get to see her start to open up to people again and make friends. We also saw her come to terms that she really did have a drinking problem and taking responsibility for her actions. I loved that we got to see her open her heart again to both Carter and her grandparents. As for Carter…..I also LOVED his character. Talk about a man who is willing to love her unconditionally. He was not willing to let her back away and not give him a chance. He fought hard for Emerald to give him a chance. He was truly swoon worthy

I also thought that Sarah and Robyn were great friends for Emerald….they didn't take her crap either and had no problem putting her in her place. It was great to read their banter as Emerald opened up for them and finally decided that not everyone is out to get her.

This book hooked me right from the beginning and didn't let go until the very end. Even then it kept holding onto me because it ends with a cliffhanger. Something is revealed at the end that had me shaking my head. With the way the story was going, I kind of saw something like this happening, but I was still pleasantly surprised. The ending isn't one that will drive you crazy, but it will leave you wanting more. I am excited to read book 2 when it comes out.

I would definitely recommend this book to everyone. I thought it was fantastic!!!!

For more reviews go to Book Bitches Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Failure.

January 1, 2014 – Shelved
January 1, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
January 1, 2014 – Shelved as: 2013-release-date
January 1, 2014 – Shelved as: arc-read
January 1, 2014 – Shelved as: blog-tour
February 17, 2014 – Started Reading
February 17, 2014 –
14.0% "WOW.... That's all I can say right now."
February 17, 2014 –
48.0% "I'm seriously enjoying this book. I love Emerald and Carter."
February 18, 2014 – Shelved as: abuse-bullying
February 18, 2014 – Shelved as: series-duets
February 18, 2014 – Shelved as: serious-subject-matter
February 18, 2014 – Shelved as: to-be-continued-ending
February 18, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Tessa Teevan I LOVED this book!!

Jennifer Tessa wrote: "I LOVED this book!!"

Me too…..that ending….I need the next book Now!!!! (view spoiler)

Tessa Teevan Jennifer wrote: "Tessa wrote: "I LOVED this book!!"

Me too…..that ending….I need the next book Now!!!! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Lundgren absolutely loved your review, Jen... :)

Jennifer Lisa wrote: "Awesome review!"

Thanks Lisa :D

Jennifer Heidi wrote: "absolutely loved your review, Jen... :)"

Thanks Heidi :D

Lorie Berger Great review!

message 8: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Is there a link on Amazon so I can buy this book?