Raya's Reviews > Green Rider

Green Rider by Kristen Britain

Dec 11, 2009

liked it

This book didn’t wow me, but it was still a fun read similar to novels like Lord of the Rings, where the fate of a kingdom depends on one unwitting person. The Green Rider centers on Karigan, a feisty young woman who must send a message to the king in order to save the kingdom. It relied on several conventional themes of fantasy novels, the old evil that threatens to rise again, the unlikely heroine that must go on her own journey to persevere and save the kingdom. And of course, it wouldn’t be complete without the elves (or Eletians, as they’re called here), magic, and good ole fashioned politics. It wasn’t heavily dependent on magic and the supernatural to force the plot, which was a breath of fresh air, as so many fantasy novels often use magic to include ridiculous plot lines. I would have liked to see a little more personality from the characters, especially from Karigan, who is undoubtedly feisty and strong, but still very one-dimensional. So it wasn’t a “wow” novel, but it I enjoyed the world Britain created and it definitely showed promise for some pretty interesting future plot lines.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green Rider.