Loraine Oliver's Reviews > Love, Lies & the D.A.

Love, Lies & the D.A. by Rebecca Rohman

Jan 01, 2014

bookshelves: reviewed-books

I received an ARC from Rebecca for an honest review and it gives me pleasure to say it is a great book and I am so glad I got to read it! I also have to say this is probably with the exception of one other book, the best book I read this past year. The book kept my interest and though it was close to 500 pages it did not ever get too wordy,nor did I lose interest.
Without giving too much away, the book starts out with the main character Jada, walking in on her fiance having sex with her best friend in her house.
Luckily Jada owns her own very impressive business, so she is able to get away, and recover from this shock, by taking a holiday.
This is where she runs into the other main character-the all alpha male Jonathon Kole, who happens to be a DA, and will be the one presiding over the case that has been brought against her, and that is not all-his father is the one that will be representing her- pitting father against son in the court room!
That being said I will just say that if you do not read this book you will be totally missing out, I personally feel Rebecca Rohman is going to be hitting a lot of books "out of the park", and I am glad to say I have become aware of her early on, and I will be waiting for every new book she writes! I liked her writing so much that after I read this, I bought Uncorked, her other novel also, but you can read about that in my other review!
I rate this 5 stars as it has alot of hot romance as well as angst,a good mystery, great interaction between the characters, and one of the most important things to me personally, well written without a lot of errors in spelling and punctuation, there is nothing worse than getting distracted when I am reading, by all these things.
Thank you for the ARC Rebecca and I will be signing up for the next one that comes out!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love, Lies & the D.A..

Started Reading
December 1, 2013 – Finished Reading
January 1, 2014 – Shelved
January 1, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
October 21, 2014 – Shelved as: reviewed-books

Rebecca Rohman Loraine,

You've been a wonderful supporter of me and my work. Just wanted to take a moment to thank you for posting, sharing, your kind words, and your never ending support.

I wish only great things for you :)

Warm regards,