Luffy's Reviews > The Drawing of the Three

The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King

liked it
bookshelves: let-down, fantasy

Having read this book, I'm scrambling to try to compare the first two ones, and to understand why I rated this book a three, while at the same time I enjoyed reading it on a basic level. The twists in this book are no better than those in The Gunslinger.

However the world they are set in make the difference. The Gunslinger made the cut as the better of the two because its characters, I realize, are given more time to shape. Here the people in our world are not the equal of the man in the desert, or of the priestess, or of the woman who slept with Roland. Here though, was a big question. How was the third person going to end up?

I was surprised how he died. I thought Roland needed Mort. In the end though, it all comes to taste. The book is good enough for me to hope for better. Now that's a contradiction, but that's how it is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Drawing of the Three.

December 31, 2013 – Started Reading
January 4, 2014 –
January 5, 2014 – Finished Reading
March 13, 2016 – Shelved as: let-down
March 13, 2016 – Shelved as: fantasy

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Ecem  Yücel Things are going to get better and better in the third book. The first two books are hard to read, people usually give up after the first book even. But if you can read the first two books, in the middle of the third book, which has a great surprise in it, you're starting to get addicted to the series. I'm actually happy that you read the first two, from now on, things are going to get so good. ^^

Luffy Very well said, Ecem. I'll rethink my stance. Thank for the like and for your comment!