Melissa's Reviews > The Only Alien on the Planet

The Only Alien on the Planet by Kristen D. Randle

Dec 11, 2009

bookshelves: favorites, contemporary-ya, book-to-learn-from, ya-romance

This is my favorite book of all time and that is saying something. The writing, the story, the characters. This book is wonderfull. I can't say enough good. Don't let the title throw you. I have reread this book 5 times and have two copies so I can lend it out. It is good and clean and a great book for teens to read! I would make my students read this if I was a teacher. It would also be great for any book club and Kristen Randel is great about writing back. LOve This book.LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! IS a must read.
Re read for the 10th time. I still love it. It still gets me:}

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Only Alien on the Planet.

Quotes Melissa Liked

“People allow themselves to be defeated”
Kristen D. Randle, The Only Alien on the Planet

“I'm convinced that each human being more or less builds his own reality. You are what you believe you are. We make images in our minds of what will be---based on what we believe or want, what we're afraid of---”
Kristen D. Randle, The Only Alien on the Planet

“Listen very hard and follow your heart. Your heart is good. It's your brain that gets you into trouble.”
Kristen D. Randle, The Only Alien on the Planet

“Every person defines reality in his own way. And every person figures that anybody who doesn't agree with him has got to be irrational.”
Kristen D. Randle, The Only Alien on the Planet

“...it depends on whose reality you're using for rules. You just have to remember that, and then you can see that nothing should be taken absolutely seriously. Personally, I always like to use my own reality as a standard.”
Kristen D. Randle, The Only Alien on the Planet

“There comes a time, when you have to realize that you're not responsible for the whole world.”
Kristen D. Randle, The Only Alien on the Planet

“So every person sets up his own rules, and then uses them to judge everybody else. You just have to realize that.There is no real normal. You have to just decide what you believe. And stay open to new ideas. For the time being I am using my own concept of reality as a guide." Ginny to Caulder and Micheal”

04/06/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Heidi (new) - added it

Heidi Melissa I just started using Pinterest...and I was looking for some of my fav books to pin and low and behold who did I find on there:) So fun:) OH and I'm excited to read this book:)

Melissa How fun! I'll have to follow you! I love this book and just got an amazing chance to meet the author. She came to our bookgroup and we became fast friends! Is that amazing! I love everything she has ever written and own them all. I hope you love it too. Everyone in my book group loved it too!

Melanie SAME.

message 4: by Tandie (new) - added it

Tandie Putting this on my list because of you!