Cheyenne's Reviews > Grave Mercy

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

Dec 31, 2013

I want to say thank you to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and NetGalley for letting me reading this book in exchange for a review. The main reason it wasn't a five star book was because it was confusing for me throughout the book. Things became clearer as the book went along which was good. I love this book so much it was amazing and I can't wait to continue this series and buy the whole series. Its really good historical fiction/fantasy book. The plot and the ideas of the story was really creative. It drags the reader in.

So the plot of the story is about this girl Ismae who has the mark of death. Three years later she is taking this test as an assassin to get to her vows in the covenant. Then she meets this guy who throws her off and its really hard to explain without giving you the whole story away which is something I don't want to do. I love how this plot is very well developed and has many twist and turns. It was predictable, but it didn't make you want to stop reading this book.

There's way too many characters for me to describe. The main character is Ismae she is an assassin. I think if you like Throne of Glass you would like this book too. Ismae is different though. She isn't cold and so set on killing things or revenge. She is wants to do whats right but at the same time she is trying to find herself. Throughout out the book she ends up questioning herself from what is right and wrong. I think that makes her very easy to relate to. I love how this isn't an insta love and you can see it happen. You know its going to happen but at the same time you don't because then she would have to give up her life in the covenant.

Overall it was a great book I loved it. I can't wait to start reading the second book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Mercy.

December 31, 2013 – Shelved
December 31, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
November 1, 2014 – Started Reading
November 1, 2014 –
November 1, 2014 –
November 1, 2014 – Finished Reading

Fari I LOVE this trilogy! I am on the edge of my seat waiting for Mortal Heart to come out! :)

Cheyenne Me too