Kelly's Reviews > Where Is the Green Sheep?

Where Is the Green Sheep? by Mem Fox

When you're an adult, a read-through of this book might seem boring and pointless. You're looking for a green sheep - you've never seen the green sheep before. He's not even on the cover. Why should you care? All these other sheep in here doing lots of things that sheep you've seen before never do. Distractions. Where is the bloody green sheep? Why is this book so popular?

Just add a toddler. Get them to 'read it' to you. This - THIS - is where this book becomes an instant all time favourite.
'Where is the greeeeeeen sheep??'

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Is the Green Sheep?.

Finished Reading
December 31, 2013 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Angel So funny...I've been reading this to Mikaela and I've been thinking the same thing - what's so great about it? Obviously I need to wait for her to be older and make it entertaining for me!

Kelly It's taken Hannah a long time to be still enough for her to allow me to read to her. Mostly she takes over and says 'my turn!' or 'nooooo!' whenever I try and read to her. She does have books, but this one, given to Hannah by our dear friend Kerryn, stops her in her tracks (Hannah is 2 1/2). We are a long way off night-time reads of Harry Potter or The BFG, but seeing Hannah take an interest in a book warms my heart Rachel! It also helps if you make all the noises appropriate to the activities of what the sheep are doing....Hannah even says 'Shhhh!' at the end. Ah, so much to look forward to for us both!

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Angel I agree, I love having a young baby to cuddle but I really can't wait until she is old enough for us to actively do things together. Hopefully I can encourage her to love books as much as her mum :)