Becky's Reviews > Bed of Roses

Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts

Dec 10, 2009

bookshelves: audio

I laughed and I cried. Both key to a great sappy romance! Really liked this book. Just as much as the first one! That's saying something, because sometimes the follow-up books don't measure up.

I fell in love with the girls during Vision in White, and feel more connected to all of them now. I envy the friendships that they share. They are honest, loving and can tell each other like it is anytime and never risk losing the friendships.

This book is all Emma. She's known Jack for many years and has always considered him a friend. When the sparks start to fly, Emma decides to go for blunt honesty. And she goes all out. I got to know her better in this book and found that she's fun, flirty and very vocal about things that she wants. She know what she wants out of life, her friendships, her relationships, even sex. And she's not afraid to talk it all out. Jack on the other hand, doesn't vocalize much. He cares for Emma but it took him a long time to figure out just how much. His lack of opening up causes a bit of a bump for the couple, but the girls are there for Emma, Del is there for Jack, and of course Parker choreographs the last dance.

I can't wait for book three. I've already checked to see which girl is next in line to find love and when it's coming out. It'll be out in May of 2010 and it's Laurel's turn. Then, hopefully Parker in the fourth book due out December of 2010.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bed of Roses.