valee's Reviews > Awaken Me Darkly

Dec 04, 11

liked it
bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from November 18 to December 03, 2011

I have been saving this series for a long, long time, not because I thought it would be amazing and I wanted to save it for later but because it was the last series I had yet to read from this outstanding author. I knew I wouldn't be as attached to it as her LOTU series but I still knew I would like it big time because I adore how she writes. Well, I am glad to say I even liked it much more than what I thought I would after reading most of the reviews out there.

I never thought aliens could be sexy, but if anybody could manage something like that was Gena Showater. I loved to read about something I have never read before. So many new and interesting possibilities. I love this! I love not knowing what this aliens are capable of, I adore seeing them just trying to live in peace with us, searching for a place to be left alone. I definitely never thought I would find aliens sexy but I guess I do now,lol, at least the ones in this series. I honestly must admit I never thought I would enjoy a series with a plot like this one but I actually did.

This was a great beginning and I can't wait to read another book, I just wont be rushing to get the next one as I read it was about 2 different completely characters... I liked the ones we had.
My only problem was the heroine constantly beating the shi*t out of the hero. WTF? Not that he was beta or anything, he was way too alpha (loved him), but for some reason he just didn't care if she hit him constantly. I still liked the heroine and I loved the rest of the characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awaken Me Darkly.

message 1: by Mariya (new) - added it

Mariya please let me know how you like this one, Vale! XDDDDDDDD

valee I definitely will.

message 3: by Val (new) - added it

Val Okay.. that last sentence about the heroine showing the hero who's the boss just convinced me of reading the book, LOL, is that wrong? Great review! I don't think I've read any alien stuff before.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this series Vale enjoy it

valee Val, I have never read a series about aliens either but I loved it. Maybe because the author makes the aliens feel like any other pnr species as she makes them look hot and all alpha, lol.

Cynthia, I'm starting to do so as well.