Cierra (The Book Lover's Report)'s Reviews > Run for the Roses

Run for the Roses by Rachel Schieffelbein

Run for the Roses is a clean YA novella. The farthest that they even went was kissing. I would consider this a sweet little romance. And I mean little literally. I actually hadn't known that this book was a novella when I decided to read it.

I thought that Chase was a great person/guy/character for Abigails character. He was always there for her, especially when she needed him. This is (probably) what most people want in a guy, especially of the romantic persuation.

You know how sometimes you start reading a bok and sometimes you can just tell that the author doesn't know what s/he is talking about? Well, you don't find that here. You could really tell that Rachel had a background knowledge of horses, so she pretty much new what she was doing, and it was explained in a way that readers could understand.

One thing that I didn't like is that the romance happened kind of fast. That is actually why I usually don't read novellas. I usually feel like the romance element happens too quick-- quicker than it'd ever happen in real life. AND I really feel like the characters don't know much about each other. It's like how in Romeo and Juliet they're together an love each other within a few days.

This book gets a 4, mainly because of how the romance happens too fast and the characters don't really know much about each other.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Run for the Roses.

Started Reading