Amanda's Reviews > Consequences

Dec 30, 2013

Free @ Amazon today May 6, 2015
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read Aug 26, 2013

I can't believe I finally finished this after almost 40 days! I'm so proud of myself now. I actually have to put this one down several times over the month because honestly, 70% of this book bore me to tears.

If Claire talked once more about her hiking trip, shopping extravaganza, spa treatment or the scrumptious food she eat I will strangle her. Due to the fact that I didn't see much of her attempt to escape, I felt she is such a weak heroine who succumb too easily.

The interesting part for me is when evil Tony came into the page. Every time he showed up I was wondering who will he be? He is such a bipolar character. He can be cruel on day and a total romantic the next day. I'm not sure whether I want to like him or kill him. He evoke such complex feelings in me.

But the ending... oh my. It chills my bones.

One word: CONVOLUTED.

I also think there is something wrong with me because in the end, I'm actually worried for the sadistic Tony Rawlings instead of Claire. Why am I rooting for the bad guy? He is worst than bad. Totally evil, cruel, sadistic, controlling and a manipulative bastard. How can such a character even redeem himself?

Off to Book 2.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Consequences.

December 30, 2013 – Shelved
December 30, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
July 14, 2014 – Started Reading
July 16, 2014 –
3.0% "The perv in me was wondering why do the author censored the non-consensual sex scene. Hmm.... (I dying to read all the gory details)"
July 17, 2014 –
25.0% "Something please happen soon.....before i went over and read Thrive instead."
August 19, 2014 –
40.0% "I might be slow, but I am progressing. *blush* This book really takes a lot of patience from me."
August 20, 2014 –
45.0% "Just when I thought I might like Tony. He make me want to kill him all over again. Damn my complex feelings."
August 26, 2014 –
70.0% "I'm finally at 70%! I wonder what is the grand ending gonna be. Super anxious."
August 26, 2014 – Finished Reading

Didi Oh, boy! Curious what you'll think!

Amanda Didi wrote: "Oh, boy! Curious what you'll think!"

Didi Amanda wrote: "Didi wrote: "Oh, boy! Curious what you'll think!"

haha... i'm freaking out as well. i have friends who rated 5 stars and another who rated 1 star. oh my."

I loved book 2, but I won't say anything else, I'll wait to see what you think :))

Jasmine Hi there! OMG I bought this series on Kobo last month, worth every dollar spent! Complete mindf*ck, needless to say. Book 1 was a bit slow-paced for me, but damn Book 2 and 3 was INTENSE! Can't wait to see what you think :)

message 5: by Amanda (last edited Jul 16, 2014 01:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amanda Jasmine wrote: "Hi there! OMG I bought this series on Kobo last month, worth every dollar spent! Complete mindf*ck, needless to say. Book 1 was a bit slow-paced for me, but damn Book 2 and 3 was INTENSE! Can't wai..."

LoL. I actually have book 1 with me for years, but i keep putting it off because the series is not complete yet at the time. i hope i will like it :D

Jasmine "Something please happen soon.....before i went over and read Thrive instead." Haha! I totally understand where you're at now. I admit that I got bored halfway and read another book before finally finishing this. It was just SO draggy until the last 20% of the book (in which you'll be like WTF?!).

Amanda Jasmine wrote: ""Something please happen soon.....before i went over and read Thrive instead." Haha! I totally understand where you're at now. I admit that I got bored halfway and read another book before finally ..."

what?! until the last 20%... oh my, this is kind of a torture. I might just succumb to temptation and read the Addicted 2.5 new release and come back later.

Jasmine Haha! Yea you should just try something else and come back later because it'll be bad to torture yourself thru it & you may not be motivated to read the book anymore. I took almost like a week's break b4 coming back to it, so it's okay hehe :D

CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD Lol... hope you'll have enough patience for this book.. enjoy.. :D

message 10: by Vina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vina Hope you're enjoying your read Amanda!!

Katie omg...this book (and the entire consequences series) has my ♡.

Amanda CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD wrote: "Lol... hope you'll have enough patience for this book.. enjoy.. :D"

Vina wrote: "Hope you're enjoying your read Amanda!!"

i'm working on it.... really test my patience, though.

Amanda Katie wrote: "omg...this book (and the entire consequences series) has my ♡."

i really hope i will end up loving it as well. everyone is going gaga over Tony.

Katie oh, it took me FOREVER to get into this book. I put it down NUMEROUS times over the course of a few days! give it a chance, it gets SO much better!

Amanda Katie wrote: "oh, it took me FOREVER to get into this book. I put it down NUMEROUS times over the course of a few days! give it a chance, it gets SO much better!"

LoL. I just realize I took more than a month and I'm no where near finish. I only read a few pages in between other books XD

Katie haha I did the SAME thing. Literally had it as "currently reading" for weeks!!! I kept reading the amazing reviews and wondered wtf was wrong with me for not enjoying it! Once I really got into it though- I was hooked. Read the whole series in succession after finishing this book!

Amanda Katie wrote: "haha I did the SAME thing. Literally had it as "currently reading" for weeks!!! I kept reading the amazing reviews and wondered wtf was wrong with me for not enjoying it! Once I really got into it ..."

u are truly motivating, katie. I am gonna finish this!

Katie haha you won't be disappointed !

*~*Btissame*❤* I love this series, one of my favo. The first book was a little bit slow but it was really worth it ;) just keep reading it xx

Amanda *~*Btissame*^^* wrote: "I love this series, one of my favo. The first book was a little bit slow but it was really worth it ;) just keep reading it xx"

I will, hun :D

Jasmine Teehee! Congrats for pulling thru haha! Great review Amanda! ♥♥ Get ready for more emotional rollercoaster in the next ones ;D

message 22: by Saffron (new) - added it

Saffron great review Amanda!! I gave up reading it when I was around 20% or something and this was last year...I think I might have to restart this from the beginning and just be patient :)

Amanda Jasmine wrote: "Teehee! Congrats for pulling thru haha! Great review Amanda! ♥♥ Get ready for more emotional rollercoaster in the next ones ;D"

I'm bracing myself.

Amanda Supreet wrote: "great review Amanda!! I gave up reading it when I was around 20% or something and this was last year...I think I might have to restart this from the beginning and just be patient :)"

I totally understand. i keep giving up and coming back and giving up and coming back. but damn, i guess is worth it. i can't wait what the next one will bring.

Katie OMG you finished it!!!! GREAT review!!! the next two books will NOT disappoint!! SOOO much better than the first!! yay!!

Amanda Katie wrote: "OMG you finished it!!!! GREAT review!!! the next two books will NOT disappoint!! SOOO much better than the first!! yay!!"

that is great to hear, Katie!

message 27: by Sammy (new) - added it

Sammy Loves Books Fab review, Amanda. Isn't it funny how we fall in love with 'the bad guy' hahaha

Amanda Sammy, the Cyborg Slut wrote: "Fab review, Amanda. Isn't it funny how we fall in love with 'the bad guy' hahaha"

yes. totally wrong of us XD

message 29: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ Sounds like this was a lot of mixed emotions, Amanda. I'm totally curious about this series. Although, your issues with boredom worries me. Great review! :)

Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) 70% of this book bore me to tears.
...the last 30% must have been mighty good for you to rate this 4 stars ;)
But I'm glad you end up enjoying it ♥

Amanda Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) wrote: " 70% of this book bore me to tears.
...the last 30% must have been mighty good for you to rate this 4 stars ;)
But I'm glad you end up enjoying it ♥ "

haha. i think i might be biased when i rate this more than a year ago. i think maybe i should rate it 3 stars. lol.

but honestly, book 2 and 3 were totally epic! i'm glad i finally read this series and understand what the hell is all the uproar about Anthony Rawlings.