Miranda Lynn's Reviews > Barefoot Contessa at Home: Everyday Recipes You'll Make Over and Over Again

Barefoot Contessa at Home by Ina Garten

bookshelves: cookbooks-and-food, non-fiction, read-2014, already-read-must-own

I will be the first person to tell you that I'm not a huge fan of Ina Garten. If she's on the television, I will immediately change the channel. I'm not sure why her personality grates on me so much (although at least she's not as bad as Paula Deen!), but I've just never really gotten into the whole "Barefoot Contessa" thing for some reason.

But...this is probably the best cookbook that I've read all year. I can't quite pinpoint exactly what I loved about it — it just seemed like it was kind of made for me. I loved the beautiful, modern, playful layout; the colorful gorgeous photographs; and all of the recipes seemed like things that I would love to make. I almost kind of want to do a "Julia and Julia"-type thing and go through this, making every single recipe! What more can I say? This is exactly the type of cookbook that I've been looking for for months, and I can't believe that I finally found it in Ina Garten! I was so impressed by it that I actually want to go out and get my own copy to keep!

I'm not sure why I was never interested in her before, but let me tell you — I'm definitely going to be checking out more of her cookbooks after reading this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Barefoot Contessa at Home.

December 29, 2013 – Shelved
December 29, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
June 19, 2014 – Started Reading
June 19, 2014 – Finished Reading
June 20, 2014 – Shelved as: cookbooks-and-food
June 20, 2014 – Shelved as: non-fiction
June 20, 2014 – Shelved as: read-2014
June 20, 2014 – Shelved as: already-read-must-own

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Africa (new) - added it