Marjanne's Reviews > The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Dec 09, 2009

it was ok

** spoiler alert ** I would actually give this 2.5 stars. There were things about this book that I liked and others I didn't so much. I liked the originality of the idea about a woman with a spouse who time travels and the richness, as well as difficulty it brings into their respective lives and their marriage. There are definitely some sweet moments. I also thought that the idea of time traveling being a genetic disorder was interesting and unusual. Niffengger is a talented writer. However I thought that the time traveling was a bit confusing. Trying to keep track of how much time had elapsed, who was where, etc. was just difficult at times. I'm not sure I buy the whole 'life is pre-determined' theme. I suppose that could be the problem with taking the impossible and making it as realistic as you can. I also would not recommend this book to more sensitive readers, there's quite a bit of language, sex, drugs, etc.