Lisa Brown's Reviews > Command Authority

Command Authority by Tom Clancy

bookshelves: adventure, series, modern-fiction

This book finds Jack Ryan Sr. beginning a second term as the President of the United States, while his son, Jack Jr., has left espionage for a "safer" job in finance in England. AS Jack Jr. is investigating a case for a client, things get a little dicey as he goes much further into the issue than the "bad guys" are comfortable with.

Meanwhile, Jack Sr. is dealing with a very unfriendly Russia, and trying to protect people from the damage of a dangerous leader. All throughout the book, there are flash backs to Jack Sr. in the 80's, which is a fun branch of the story, that helps connect all the dots.

The last book Tom Clancy wrote before he died, and I thought if he was to have a last one, this was the perfect way to end. (Although I am so sad to see it end, as apart from the swearing scattered through them, I love his books.) His books are always very true to life, which is often scary. Nothing made this book more real, than Russia invading the Ukraine in real life, as I was reading about them doing it in the book. He has an amazing gift of being highly accurate in his fiction, when it comes to the military and world climate. I only wish Jack Ryan was actually our president to deal with things, instead of who is really in office.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Command Authority.

December 29, 2013 – Started Reading